One of the reasons Lawn Bowling is so popular at Brits is that it is so easy to play. Whatever age, gender, physical or academic prowess - it doesn't matter! Anybody can learn the rules and play to a good standard very quickly. It's very similar to Bocce Ball - just make sure you ROLL YOUR BOWLS!
- Two teams consisting of 1,2 or 4 players compete against each other.
- Each team rolls 4 bowls per end towards an object ball (the jack); bowls are rolled alternately by the teams.
- Each end lasts about 5 minutes, so over an hour you can normally play 12 or so ends.
- The team with the closest bowl to the jack scores 1 point. If their next nearest bowl is closer to the jack than their opponent's best bowl then they score 2 points and so on. Therefore, the maximum points from one end is 4 points and the minimum is one point.
- Teams can decide themselves what score they want to play up to, although many teams just keep score until their scheduled time is up.
- Remember! The lawn needs a lot of care and attention - no running, no jumping and NO TOSSERS!
Our unique Lawn Bowling Green seems to get more popular every year – to attempt to accommodate all guests, available time is separated into four categories.
- Open Bowling. Every Saturday and Sunday from 19 May 2018. Bowling starts at 12 noon with the last start time being 11.00 p.m. Cost is $10 per person, per hour for adults and $5 per person, per hour for kids 12 and under.
No reservations are taken for Open Bowling, it is strictly first come, first served. If there is a wait, you will be able to put your name in for the next available spot.
- Leagues. Brit’s runs a Lawn Bowling League two nights a week, Monday and Tuesday. Unfortunately all League places are already taken. Teams can be added to the waiting list (it is pretty long!) by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
League Schedule & Standings
- Green Reservations. Beginning 14 May 2018, groups can reserve the Green by the hour Monday - Friday (except during league play). The cost is $175 per hour for the whole green (4 rinks) or $100 per hour for half the green (2 rinks). Sorry, we don't rent just 1 rink.
No more than 8 people can play on one rink at any time.
Reservations can only be made no earlier than 2 weeks in advance of the date you are interested in - that is when the private parties booked for the day must confirm their green timing and the rest of the day opens for public reservations.
To reserve, call Linda Stanchik at 612 332 8011 ext.122 Monday - Friday or email email@example.com.
Green reservations DO NOT come with any private areas or table reservations; the reservation is for the Green only (drink service is available on the green however food is not allowed). To book private event space as well as the Green, see below.
- Private Events. Many groups want to Lawn Bowl as part of a private event and therefore wish to have space set aside to eat and drink also. If you are interested in booking a private event with the Green this can be done at any time by contacting Ann Mortenson Koski at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 612 332 8011 ext.111. Please note that food and beverage minimums apply for booking private space (plus tax and gratuity).
We cater for all sizes of events and guests can book indoor and outdoor spaces as well as the Green.
At all times there will be a Lawn Bowling host to help guests with the rules and the etiquette of Lawn Bowling.
BBC League Info
Brit's Bowling Club started in 1998. The Club is fully subscribed at present and, unfortunately, there is approximately a 10-year wait for a team. Our club is comprised of two leagues, the Premier and the Scottish, playing on Tuesday and Monday nights through the summer.